Emergency Contacts
Foreign Missions in Japan

Promptly contact your country’s embassy or consulate in the event of a serious travel-related mishap—if your passport is lost or stolen or if you are in urgent need of advice or assistance.


If you urgently need police assistance—if you are a victim or witness of a crime, or are involved in an accident—just phone 110 to immediately contact the police. This number works from anywhere in Japan, and is toll free. If you get lost while walking or driving and would like some directions, just stop at one of the many police boxes and the police will be happy to help.

Fire Department or Ambulance

If you need an ambulance or wish to report a fire, just phone 119 to contact the fire department. The call is toll free, and this number works from any location within Japan.
■Fire Department or Ambulance

Tourist Information Center (For Overseas Visitors)

JNTO (Japan National Tourism Organization) runs a Tourist Information Center for foreign visitors. Contact the Center for advice about tourism throughout the country.
■JNTO Tourist Information Center
Shin-Tokyo Building (1st floor), 3-3-1 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Hours:9 AM to 5 PM (Closed January 1)